Monday, October 17, 2005

Big Day!

Had a couple of minutes this morning so, figured I would update you...Mike is downstairs right now handling some of the pre-paperwork and fees. It is a relief to finally be handing off all of this money that we have been carrying around in money belts. Morgan is dressed and ready to go! We will go to the Office of Civil Affairs this morning and then return again later this afternoon to work on the necessary paperwork. They anticipate that the return visit will take about hours. Nanchang seems to be very different from Beijing. Have not left the hotel yet and have not seen much in the light of day - our hotel window opens up onto an apartment complex. Leaving the Beijing airport was just as interesting as going into customs. The man taking our tickets prior to security seemed very sharp with me and snapped at me to stand behind the counter - I had stepped aside slightly to let Mike get in next to me. During security, they found all our bottled water and opened everyone of them up to smell - looking for amonia, alcohol, not sure... It has been eventful :o) Until later...Still weighing whether or not we should post pictures of Rylee or make you all wait...

A message from Morgan: Today we get Rylee and I am excited about getting her. And I can't wait to see her. It is fun here. My legs are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment