Saturday, October 22, 2005

Aaaahhh...

We are in Guangzhou and absolutely love our new hotel (see pictures). The change of scenery is a blessing beyond explanation at this point! Today, we went for Rylee's medical exam. I guess the CDC will not allow her to enter the country without the exam. There was a whole area specifically for adopted children. According to them, Rylee weighs 19 lbs. She did great during the exam and did not fuss a bit. I guess she got a clean bill of health and has been approved to travel as we did not hear otherwise. This morning, we also got her picture taken for her visa. From there, we went to Lucy's Bar and Grill for some American food. It tasted so good! We also went shopping. Oh, Mike just shared with me that on the tv station that Morgan is watching (must be Hong Kong station as it is in english), Survivor Guatemala is on tonight at 9. I am in heaven!!! Back to shopping, we did a little shopping. So many neat things, but so many things we would never use - In addition, they like to barter. I hate doing that! Just tell me the price and I will decide whether or not I want to buy it. Oh, I lasted 10 days without having to use a squat pot (if you are not sure what they are, I will gladly send you a photo)...What an experience. It had been many years since I had to use one...Memories...:o) For those that are dying for more photos, here they are:


No comments:

Post a Comment