Tuesday, September 6, 2005

From the newsroom...

We received an email this morning from the agency updating us on the latest information...

"I wanted to share with you something that was brought to my attention by my Chinese colleagues (and a couple of you). The Consulate will be closed Oct. 3-5 and the provincial governments will be closed that entire week for the Chinese National Holiday. I do apologize for this oversight. We are going to expedite this process…meaning that I am going to request a consulate date for late September, which means that you will potentially be leaving a week a head of my projection. Again, this is all based on whether or not we can get a consulate date. As I get information, I will let you know. In the mean time I have a serious amount of communicating with China to do and making sure all of your travel plans are ready to be booked once we get the confirmation….I will be in touch as I have confirmed information!"

Yikes! Breathe, breathe...The other side could be that they can't get an appointment until after October 5th and then we leave even later.... Hmmm... Hope to know more information in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment