Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Waiting to pick a flower...

We received an email from an individual at the agency today regarding our paperwork and a few other items. Figured I would share a portion of it with you all.

"I also wanted to let you know that we recognize that things are pushing the time frame for getting these documents. In talking with one of our adoption experts (expert on the CCAA) there is no good reason why we have not received any information. Which leads me to offer this…The Chinese sense of time is different than ours and in fact they (the CCAA) does not really work with time fames in mind (i.e. We need to get all of these travel letters out this month). Or it could be that our request was at the bottom of the pile, or it could be that the person processing the paper was sick all last week or it could be that they have tens of thousands of documents to sort through and that just takes time. I wish I could offer you more in the process, but I have come to embrace the Chinese proverb when it comes to dealing with government agencies:Pick the flower when it is ready to be picked. This fits well with my Christian belief that God is in control and that there is a perfect time for everything...including picking flowers. No news yet... Signed ______"

So, here we sit at the edge of the garden... Maybe tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment