Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Twiddling Our Thumbs

I promised that our next post would be about the adoption. So here goes.. Absolutely no news! The message boards are outrageous right now -- people arguing with one another about political correctness, people still speculating when referrals will come and which dates will be in the batch, people talking about ladybug sightings (ladybugs are considered in the Chinese adoption community as a symbol of luck)...Anyways, the boards are making me crazy! If you want to see something amazing, look at this picture I found on the internet. This is a picture of the Matching Room (place at the Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs where families are matched with a child) taken in May/June 2002. Each of those files on the shelf is a family's paperwork waiting to be matched with a child. WOW! If I am correct, I think the number of families adopting from China has increased since that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment